Brine Supply Operator
About the Role:
Our Client Rio Tinto Dampier Salt Ltd is currently seeking a Brine Supply Operator for their Lake Macleod site in Carnarvon. In this role you will ensure that the salt field is sufficiently run to meet quality and harvestable production targets. This includes operating and maintaining the brine supply including collection ditches (transfer and feed), crystallisers, and bitterns systems.
- Monday to Friday Roster
- 40hr Week
- Day Shift only
- Immediate Start
- Residential opportunity for Carnarvon residents
Duties of the role include but not limited to:
- Operate and undertake minor maintenance of equipment relating to the salt field including mobile equipment, pump stations, telemetry system, lime plant and reticulation systems.
- Initiate corrective action when control system reports alarms.
- Meet pumping requirements and set weir flows as designated by the weir program, including flushes due to high density, flooding of crystallisers, and dumping for harvest.
- Maintain all weirs and culverts throughout the field.
- Prepare crystallisers for harvest and for flooding after harvest.
- Perform all field monitoring tasks in accordance with recognised sample processes, including collecting samples, analysing, and reporting results as requested.
- Record operating parameters and pump hours on log sheets as required.
- Inspect equipment and report faults where they cannot be immediately repaired.
- Carry out crystalliser stock surveys for harvest and stock level determination.
- Operation of backhoe and tractors to perform routine tasks
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Australian Rights to work
- Experience in fixed plant operation pumps & reticulation systems will be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of pumping systems and sampling techniques
- Experience is safe handling and storage of chemicals
- Ancillary equipment experience (e.g. backhoe operation) advantageous
- Poly Welding experience advantageous
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after our employees is important to us. Our Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more.
We have a team of dedicated recruiters, most of which have in field knowledge of the industry, who make continuous contact to ensure you are happy with not only WorkPac's service but our clients. We are committed to ensuring you are happy and safe, you are our most valuable asset!
WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with us. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, we know our local areas and are always helping our local community.
Apply Online Today!
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.
|Job title:||Brine Supply Operator|
|Location:||Regional WA - Geraldton, Gascoyne & Mid West, Regional WA|
|Industry:||Demolition, Excavation Construction & Architecture|
GET NEW JOBS FOR THIS SEARCH BY EMAIL
Download the myWorkPac app to start tracking your job application.